Today I want to share with you a post called “5.5 Ways to Get Things Done Now!” by Charles Fitzgerald Butler
Get Things Done Now and Prosper
Procrastination is the assassination of your motivation. Distractions come in all forms and are there to keep you from reaching your goals. Unscheduled phone calls, emails, Skype, and that dreaded Facebook feed are like vampires that suck your blood (time) and you need to protect your neck. To grow your business you need to get things done now!
Here are 5.5 Ways to get things done now and grow your business. You only have so many hours in one day to market, follow-up on leads, close sales, put out fires, get more education, and yes even eat. Get things done now is the only way to profit from your most valuable asset… TIME!
Get Things Done Now Techniques
1. Plan your week the night before the week starts – Plan your appointments, education, marketing, projects, and family time. Have at least 4 main goals that you want to carry out that week and make sure your schedule reflects how you will achieve those goals. Planning your whole week gets your mind ready to work. When you go to sleep you will subconsciously prepare to complete your week. You will visualize what needs to be done and have a mental game plan to finish.
2. Plan your day the night before – 10 minutes of planning saves an hour of execution. Before you go to sleep schedule your day. Nothing happens until it is schedule. Sports games are scheduled, movies have a schedule, and every successful people have a schedule. You need a schedule. When you schedule something it just became real. Also you can review how your day went and make any needed adjustments for the tomorrow.
3. Use the Pomodoro Technique� – It is a time management method created by Francesco Cirillo in the 1980s that helps you accomplish what you want to do by transforming time into a valuable ally. Why is it so popular? Because it is easy to use, and most of all, because it works!
Basically you work for 25 minutes and then you take a 5 minute break. Then after two hours of working you take a 30 minute break. Personally I like working for 50 minutes and then take a 10 min break each hour. These two techniques will get you focused and help you get things done now.
4. Don’t take unscheduled phone calls, emails, social media, Skype – Phone calls, checking email, Facebook, and text messages are time thieves. They steal away your day and you should not engage in them unless you have it on your schedule. In fact none of these activities should be done until you get all your income producing goals out-of-the-way. If it is not scheduled then don’t do it.
5. Schedule some fun and recreation in your day – All work and no play makes you a sour puss. Your family hates it, your friends hate it, and your business partners want you to leave the office. Plus it will re-energize you. In fact you might just meet some new business contacts while you are acting human.
5.5 Know your end result – What is your major definite purpose in your life? What is your chief aim? Getting things done now is useless if you are climbing the wrong mountain. You have to know your outcome and have clarity because if you don’t know what you want scheduling and planning will only add to your frustrations. Know your destination before you start. Then go ahead and get things done now.
Apply these techniques now. Do not procrastinate. Pick up a planner and invest into some time management tools. Time is the only resource that we can not get back. Once it’s gone… it’s gone.
Charles Fitzgerald Butler, is an Entrepreneur and Chief Marketing Officer For Breg, Inc. Charles has a passion for helping people start and run successful home based businesses. You can partner with Charles and start building multiply income streams from your home. Charles’ goal is to help all who partner with him achieve cash flow and profits from their business.
Follow my blog at http://myblog.CFButler.net
Keep Your Full Time Job
Build Your Fortune Part Time
Looking For 12 Serious
Key People For Business Expansion
Email Charles at: Charles at email@example.com
Helping Families Create Wealth Through Real Estate and Entrepreneurship
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Charles_Fitzgerald_Butler
I hope you found some value in Charles suggestions. There are lots of terrifically helpful people (like Charles) all over the Internet. It’s my pleasure to connect you with him.
If you’re looking for more ideas to get organized, please check out my get organized page:
Pingback: Procrastination: Is It Pure Laziness or Are We Predisposed to Putting Things Off? | A Year From Today