I often start my posts with a question, don’t I? Have you noticed that? And I often question whether my day is governed by the way I think at the start of the day.
I start my day with a question. . . what am I going to achieve TODAY.
But I’m sure you also question whether it’s sometimes hard to get into the mindset to be able to achieve all those “things” you want and NEED to achieve.
If you start your day dreading what’s ahead, you are destined to have a day of drudgery. But if you start your day with a positive mind-set and an attitude of gratitude, you set yourself up with a framework for a good day.
This is how you start to really make a difference in your life and lives that you touch.
This little list below is just the answer to setting up the right attitude at the beginning of your day and to make sure your day IS governed by the way you think (and you know I love a list):
1. Start the day by being thankful for what you have and for what the day anticipates. Write down what you are grateful for. If you have a gratitude diary use that. Or, if you do not have a gratitude journal start one. You will be astonished at how it can build your positive thinking.
2. Be aware that you choose how you perceive events. Make the choice right now that you are going to look for the positive in everything that comes about today. Choice is better than no choice.
3. Decide to be happy and cheerful, to laugh and play as much as you will be able to today. Consecrate to see the more of the funny side of life. Share your joy and laughter with other people.
4. Live your intentions. Be sure your ideals, plans and goals are in alignment and live them large. Stay genuine and be authentic to yourself and what you believe.
5. Do something special for yourself today. It does not have to be anything big or expensive. Just think of something that would make you happy and do it for yourself. No reason necessary.
6. Do something nice for somebody else today. Make it an unexpected treat like paying for someone’s coffee or lunch. Maybe you could get some flowers and spread them around to people you see during the day. Make someone smile and you will also feel great.
7. Do something completely silly. Break away from your normal routine. Do not take yourself so seriously. Make somebody laugh at you or with you.
8. Show your affection and love to somebody who might not expect it. Surprise them with a special word or note. Make their day happier.
9. Smile at everyone you see today – give them a big smile and a cheery hello. They will answer to you the same way and that will make you feel good too.
10. Celebrate how great you feel. You don’t have to have a party or anything like that, just be joyful and take a moment to celebrate!
This post first appeared on BetaNumerology.com. Thank you Lee, for inspiring me and many others to improve their lives.
Lee’s top ten tips set up a framework for your day, every day.
But is it enough to just feel and be “nice” each day? The framework Lee sets out above, is a great start to your day and gives you an attitude of love and gratitude. But ATTITUDE is what makes you succeed and achieve. Get FIRED UP.
Dave Kekich, says, “The world’s highest achievers have the highest levels of dissatisfaction. Those with the lowest levels are the failures.”
“You must be dissatisfied”, Craig Ballantyne writes on Early to Rise. You might be a hotshot 6-figure earner but have you really done all that you can do? No! You can and must do more!
Let’s face it, we’ve been spoiled in life. We’ve been born into enormous opportunity. We’ve become complacent. We’ve forgotten what it’s like to be hungry, truly hungry.
We need to regain our hunger. We need to Think Big. We need to Man-Up.
You must get out of your comfort zone – no matter how successful you have been – and you must be more than a big fish in a small pond. You must overcome the negative influence of the little opinions of small-minded people. You need to become your Big-Self.
Who is your Big Self? What is your Big Self?
Your Big Self is the person that you know you can be, but for some reason you are holding yourself back from becoming.
Your Big Self is what you see when you close your eyes and imagine what you could accomplish if you could never fail, when you imagine the success you should already have, when you picture the impact that you know you truly can have in your community, your country, and the world.
Your Big Self is Point B…and you’re stuck at Point A right now.
As the old saying goes, “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor.”
It is my challenge to you to look deep inside yourself, re-ignite that burning desire, summon up your highest levels of dissatisfaction with how your life, your community or your business is doing right now, and use that as the fire to fuel your success.
How to find that fire within your heart?
Unrealized potential can be a source of constant frustration, holding you back and creating days that seem to lack solid meaning. What would it take to wake up and recognize your worth? Peter Hobler’s Courage to Find the Fire Within: Invest in Yourself to Discover Your Passion empowers readers to move past their subconscious fears, setting them firmly on the path to success.
This book not only provides the knowledge, it also provides the inspiration… If you are feeling out of focus, or unclear about what you should do or what direction you should take, I believe this book will help you… It certainly helped me, and continues to do so on a daily basis.